1) Create a Temp folder on your harddrive.
Name this folder: NWN_DVD. This will be the name (Label) of our DVD.
2) Copy all the contents from CD1 to the Temp folder.
3) From CD2 copy the “disk2.bzf” file to the same Temp folder.
4) From CD3 copy the 4 folders (ambient, data, movies and music folders).
There is only one file in the “data” folder from CD3 so yes it is OK to overwrite this folder when asked. Or just copy the one file “convo.bif” to the same data folder from CD1.
5) Now using a Hex Editor, (I used Hex Workshop), open the “setup.inx” file.
NOTE: If you have Hex Workshop installed on your system you only need to right click the ‘setup.inx’ file and from the right click menu choose ‘Hex Edit with Hex Workshop’.
5a) In Hex Workshop, go to ‘Edit’ (at top left) then go to ‘Find’ in the drop down menu.
In the ‘Find’ window choose ‘Hex Values’ as the type.
Now in the ‘Value’ box paste in this number: 003204000200 then click ‘OK’.
The ‘Find’ window will dissapear and take you back to the Main Hex Workshop screen.
In the Main Hex Workshop screen, in the bottom right hand box, you will see the ‘Address’ and ‘Length’. Click on the numbers underneath the word ‘Address’. You will be taken to the correct values. (They will be highlited in Yellow)
Now you only need to change the ’32’ to ’31’. Highlite both numbers and type in 31. Becareful NOT to add or delete any numbers by mistake, only change the numbers! You can also do the same by highliting the ‘2’ in the Right column and change just the ‘2’ to a ‘1’. Which ever way you decide to do it will automatically change both numbers. The entry should now be: 003104000200
5b) Then following the same instructions for 5a) do the same and ‘Find’ 003304000200. On this one you only need to change the ’33’ to ’31’.
So the numbers will be: 003104000200
6) Using the Notepad open the “Setup.ini” file and paste the following 2 lines to the bottom of the text:
7) Create another folder’s for any Updates, Serial, Patches and or Cracks etc.
NOTE: Name this/these folder’s whatever you want.
8) Burn the contents of the Temp folder to a DVD with the Label: NWN_DVD
NOTE: When installing it will ask for CD2 and CD3! Just click enter and it will continue the install without the need to browse for the next disk.
Conversion by: Grumpy