1) Create a Temp folder on harddrive. Name this folder: Rome_TW_CD1. This will be the Label of our DVD.
2) Copy all contents of CD1 to this Temp folder.
3) From CD2 copy the three “cab” files (Loadin~1.cab, Sky.cab and ui_.cab) to the main directory of the Temp folder.
4) Also from CD2 copy the “Data” folder (it”s inside the Setup folder) to the setup folder in the Temp folder. Choose yes if prompted to overwrite. Nothing actually gets overwritten as all the files are different, just the folder names are the same!
5) From CD3 copy ALL the “cab” files to the main directory of the Temp folder.
And again copy the “Data” folder (again it”s in the Setup folder) to the “Setup” folder in the Temp folder. Again overwriting if prompted.
6) Download and install “Orca”.
Once Orca is installed go to the Temp folder and right click the file “Rome_Total War (TM).msi” and from near the top of the menu choose “Edit with Orca”. (You may have to edit the properties of this file and untick the “read only” attribute, but as it is copied to the harddrive it is probably already edited automatically)
When opened you will see 2 window panes, go to the “Tables” one on the left and scroll down to “Media”
Click on “Media” this will show you the entries in the Right pane. There will be 6 columns.
Change all the entries in the “VolumeLabel” column to Rome_TW_CD1.
Then “Save” it.
7) Create another folder’s for any Updates, Serial, Patches and or Cracks etc.
NOTE: Name this/these folder’s whatever you want.
8) Burn the contents of the Temp folder to a DVD with the Label: Rome_TW_CD1
Conversion by: Grumpy