Actually, Battle for Dune can be transformed into DVD, but it’s a bit tricky, but comparing to some games not that much. Just finding the way was. My debut in converting CD->DVD. It’s the second conv. ever made and first time I found my own way… but I hope you’ll like it. Why? Because we will include patch and crack already on DVD.
Enough talk, let’s start the action.
– your 4CD copy of the game of course
– v1.09 patch
– v1.09 NoCD Executable (GameFix)
– some hex editor (WinHex)
2) Install the game (only game without the online crap), patch it and crack
you can run it to see if it’s working 100% ok, but it will create some files (logs or other) that we don’t want on our DVD
3) Create 3 following directories:
…and copy DIALOG.BAG, MOVIES0001.RFD, MOVIES0001.RFH, MUSIC.BAG from:
CD#2 to: <GameDir>\CD2
CD#3 to: <GameDir>\CD3
CD#4 to: <GameDir>\CD4
4) if you haven’t replaced the RESOURCE.CFG file with the one from the crack archive do it now
5) Create some <TempDir> for install files. Copy the full contents of CD#1 there, except for \INSTALL subdirectory.
6) Now, create <TempDir>\INSTALL directory and copy the full contents of <GameDir> there.
7) (optionally) Let’s cut out some crap:
Delete <TempDir>\INSTALL\DATA\MOVIES\LEGALS.BIK and annoying EA & Westwood logos won’t show up on every startup (you can’t cancel them).
Also you can delete all <TempDir>\DXSETUP files except for setup.exe & dsetup.dll (or game setup won’t start)
8) Game installer at the end of his work is doing something very evil – it edits “RESOURCE.CFG”** Now you’ll need hex editor, at least for the first job…
edit <TempDir>\Setup\setup.exe find and replace “RESOURCE.CFG” with zeros*
edit <TempDir>\Setup\setup.ini and change “Version” from “1.0” to “1.09” (optional)
edit <TempDir>\Setup\FileSize.ini and remove
9) Done – make ISO labeled “EMPEROR1”, test it & burn!
* We don’t want it – since we are installing all the movies, music and dialogs already. Besides the edited values are bad.
Conversion by: Kulmegil