1) Create a Temp folder on your harddrive.
Name this folder: NFSU2_DVD. This will be the name (Label) of our DVD.
2) Copy all the contents from CD1 to the Temp folder.
3) One of the files just copied was named “compressed.zip”. Rename the file to “compressed_cd1.zip”
4) Copy all the contents from CD2 to the same Temp folder. Do NOT overwrite any files if prompted!
5) Again one of the files just copied was named “compressed.zip”. Rename the file (from CD2) to “compressed _cd2.zip”.
6) Both the renamed “compressed.zip” files (now should be named “compressed_cd1.zip” and “compressed_cd2.zip”) must be converted to the one zip file! Creating a new zip file called “compressed.zip”
There a several ways to do this. This is the easiest way to explain!
Firstly create a folder named “compressed.zip”.
Then using Winzip (or another zip program) extract both zip files to the newly created “compressed.zip” folder.
Then re-zip these files by highlighting all the files in the folder and from the Winzip menu choose “Add to compressed.zip”. Copy the newly created zip file back to the NFSU2_DVD folder.
Now you can delete the compressed.zip folder and the 2 compressed_cd1.zip and the compressed_cd2.zip files which still sit in the NFSU2_DVD folder.
You should only have the one compressed.zip file left in the NFSU2_DVD folder!
7) Using the Notepad, open the file “common_filelist.txt”. Change any lines which start with a “2” to a “1”.
(Example: Change the “2,1,path\file” to “1,1,path\file”). Do these all the way down the list! Make sure all the first numbers have been changed to a 1)
NOTE: The first number indicates what CD the file is located on. Since we are now using just one DVD for all the files they can all be changed to a 1.
8) Again using the Notepad, open the “autorun.cfg” file (it”s in the AutoRun folder), and scroll to the bottom and change StartupCD=02 to StartupCD=01.
9) Create another folder’s for any Updates, Serial, Patches and or Cracks etc.
NOTE: Name this/these folder’s whatever you want.
10) Burn the contents of the Temp folder to a DVD with the Label: NFSU2_DVD
Conversion by: Grumpy