1) Create a Temp folder on your hardrive.
Name this folder: NSR. This will be the name (Label) of our DVD.
2) Copy all the contents from CD1 to the Temp folder.
Create another Temp folder anywhere on your hardrive and name it compressed.zip.
Move the compressed.zip file from CD1 to the Temp compressed.zip folder. Rename it compressed1.zip
3) From CD2 copy the compressed.zip file to the compressed.zip Temp folder.
NOTE: We must create only 1 zip file from these 2 compressed.zip files. Creating a new zip file called compressed.zip.
There a several ways to do this. This is the easiest way to explain!
4) Using Winzip (or another zip program) right click each zip file and choose extract here. (So you are extracting the contents of both zip files to inside the compressed.zip folder.)
Now delete both the original zip files.
5) To re-zip the files open Winrar.
Go to the “File” menu and choose “Browse for Folder”. Browse to the compressed.zip folder.
Now click on the “Add” icon in Winzip, another window will open, choose “zip” as the Archive Format.
The Archive Name will now be compressed.zip. (It will be the same name as the folder the files are in.)
Leave the Compression as Normal.
Now click OK. The files will now be added to a file called compressed.zip.
6) When the compressing has finished copy the newly created compressed.zip file back to the NSR folder.
You can now delete the compressed.zip folder.
7) Using the Notepad, open the file “common_filelist.txt”. Change any lines which start with a “2” to a “1”.
(For Nascar Simracing there is only one line at the bottom to be changed!)
NOTE: The first number indicates what CD the file is located on. Since we are now using just one DVD for all the files it can be changed to a 1.
8) Using the Notepad open the Autorun.cfg file (its in the Autorun folder) and change the line from EReg=1 to EReg=0. Then Save it.
This will stop the EA Register screen from appearing during the install.
9) Create another folder’s for any Updates, Serial, Patches and or Cracks etc.
Name this/these folder’s whatever you want.
Note: Because the game has been installed from one disc the Updates will encounter an error when trying to update the game. This can be fixed!
Download this Nascar_filelist.rar file from HERE and extract the filelist.txt file to the same folder you put your Updates in. The filelist.txt file is from the CD install of the game!
Burn the contents of the Temp folder to a DVD with the Label: NSR
NOTE: After installing the game copy the filelist.txt file and the update file from the Updates folder to your install directory overwriting the original file.
This file will allow you to successfully update the game.
Conversion by: Grumpy