1) Create a Temp folder on your harddrive.
Name this folder: LOTRBFME. This will be the name (Label) of our DVD.
2) Copy all the contents from CD1 to the Temp folder.
3) Rename the file “compressed.zip” to “compressed_cd1.zip”
4) Copy all the contents of CD2, (except the “autorun.inf” file) to the same newly created folder.
5) Again rename the file “compressed.zip” (from CD2) to “compressed _cd2.zip”
6) We must create only 1 zip file from these 2 newly created zip files. (from compressed_cd1.zip and compressed_cd2.zip) Creating a new zip file called “compressed.zip”
There a several ways to do this. This way is the easiest to explain!
Firstly create a folder named “compressed.zip”.
Then using Winzip (or another zip program) extract both zip files to the newly created “compressed.zip” folder.
(You can then delete the 2 compressed.zip files left in the LOTRBFME folder.
We will create just the one file again!
Now back to the newly created “compressed.zip” folder.
Re-zip the files by highlighting all the files in the folder and Right clicking the highlighted files, then from the menu choose “Add to compressed.zip”.
Copy the newly created zip file back to the LOTRBFME folder.
Now you can delete the compressed.zip folder.
7) Using the Notepad, open the file “common_filelist.txt”. Change any lines which start with a “2” to a “1”.
(Example: Change the “2,1,path\file” to “1,1,path\file”. Do these all the way down the list! Make sure all the first numbers have been change to a 1)
NOTE: The first number indicates what CD the file is located on. Since we are now using just one DVD for all the files they can all be changed to a 1.
8) Create another folder’s for any Updates, Serial, Patches and or Cracks etc.
NOTE: Name this/these folder’s whatever you want.
9) Burn the contents of the Temp folder to a DVD with the Label: LOTRBFME
Conversion by: Grumpy