1) Create a Temp folder on your harddrive.
Name this folder: SW_KOTOR. This will be the name (Label) of our DVD.
2) Copy all the contents from CD1 to the Temp folder.
3) From CD2 copy the “data3.cab” file to the Temp folder.
4) From CD3 copy the “data4.cab” file to the Temp folder.
5) From CD4 copy the “data5.cab” file and the “Extras” folder to the Temp folder.
6) Open the “setup.inx” file with a hex editor (I used a demo version of UltraEdit).
Do a search for “autorun.inf” in “ASCII” mode and you will find two entries.
Now all you have to do is rename those entries replacing one character (I changed them to “autoruk.inf”).
*Important*: Do not add or delete any character, because you will make your file unusable.
Save your file as “setup.inx” (If you use UltraEdit, the program will automatically save your original file as “setup.inx.bak”. You don’t need this file.)
7) Next, make a copy of “autorun.inf” and rename the copy to whatever you named your entries in the “setup.inx” file (i.e. “autoruk.inf”). Edit the new file and replace the entries:
Save the changes.
NOTE: You must have two .inf files in your folder. This will eliminate the “insert Disc 4” error!
8) Create another folder’s for any Updates, Serial, Patches and or Cracks etc.
NOTE: Name this/these folder’s whatever you want.
9) Burn the contents of the Temp folder to a DVD with the Label: SW_KOTOR
Conversion by: Thruba