1) Create a Temp folder on your hardrive. Name this folder: Rome_TW_CD1. This will be the Label of our DVD.
2) Copy all the contents of the Rome Total War CD1 to this Temp folder.
3) From CD2 copy the three “cab” files (Loadin~1.cab, Sky.cab and ui_.cab) to the main directory of the Temp folder.
4) Also from CD2 copy the “Data” folder (it”s inside the Setup folder) to the setup folder in the Temp folder. Choose yes if prompted to overwrite. Nothing actually gets overwritten as all the files are different, just the folder names are the same.
5) From CD3 copy ALL the “cab” files to the main directory of the Temp folder.
And again copy the “Data” folder (again it”s in the Setup folder) to the “Setup” folder in the Temp folder. Again overwriting if prompted.
6) Download and install “Orca”.
Once Orca is installed go to the Temp folder and right click the file “Rome_Total War (TM).msi” and from near the top of the menu choose “Edit with Orca”. (You may have to edit the properties of this file to make it read only, but as it is copied to the hardrive it is probably already edited automatically)
When opened you will see 2 window panes, go to the “Tables” one on the left and scroll down to “Media”
Click on “Media” this will show you the entries in the Right pane. There will be 6 columns.
Change all the entries in the “VolumeLabel” column to Rome_TW_CD1.
Then “Save” it.
7) Download and install the Custom Installer (Created by Grumpy, Artwork and Buttons Designed by AzocnaX) from here. Extract the contents of the rar file to the Rome_TW_CD1 folder, overwriting any files when prompted.
8) Using the Notepad create a text file and name it Serial.txt
Copy the Rome Total War serial to this text file. Save the text file in the Rome_TW_CD1 folder.
9) Inside the Rome_TW_CD1 folder create another folder and name this folder Barbarian_Invasion. Copy all the contents of the “Barbarian Invasion” CD to this newly created Barbarian_Invasion folder.
10) Inside the Rome_TW_CD1 folder create another folder and name this folder Alexander.
Copy all the contents of the “Alexander” CD to this newly created Alexander folder.
11) Create another folder and name it Cracks.
Inside the Cracks folder create another 3 folders named: RomeTW, RomeTW-BI and Alexander.
Copy the NoCD cracks for all three games to their respective Crack folder.
12) Create another folder and name it Patch.
Copy the “Retail v1.6 patch” to the Patch folder.
NOTE: Make sure the file is named exactly: rome_total_war_patch_1-6.exe
This patch needs to be installed before installing Alexander!
13) Burn the entire contents of the Temp folder to a DVD with the Label: Rome_TW_CD1
Conversion by: Grumpy