1) Create a Temp folder on your hardrive.
Name this folder: MC_DVD. This will be the name (Label) of our DVD.
Note: You can use any Label you want.
2) Copy all the files and folders from the Magna Carta CD 1 (The one with the “MC_00” file) to the MC_DVD folder.
Optional: You don”t need to copy the “DirectX” folder if you don”t want to.
Optional 2: If you want to disable the language selector when the setup starts, do the following:
Using the Notepad, Open the setup.ini file, from the MC_DVDSetup folder. You will see this:
Edit the following:
Change EnableLangDlg=Y to EnableLangDlg=N
Change Default=0x0012 to Default=0x0009
Change count=2 to count=1
Delete the “key1=0x0012” line
It should look like this:
3) Copy all the files and the folders from the Magna Carta CD 2 (The one with the “MC_01” file) to the MC_DVD folder.
4) Go to MC_DVDMOV folder and delete the Mov.idx file.
This tiny file is installed twice (From CD 2, then again from the Play CD), generating a “file-only error” during the install. Deleting it in this step avoids the error, as it will be installed anyway.
5) Copy all the files and the folders from the Magna Carta CD 3 (The one with the “MC_02” file) to the MC_DVD folder.
6) Copy all the files and the folders from the Magna Carta Play Disc (The one with the “MC_03” file) to the MC_DVD folder. DO NOT overwrite any files!
7) Download the Magna Carta Custom Installer from HERE and extract the contents of the RAR file to the MC_DVD folder overwriting any files if prompted.
(Custom Installer created by KillerOh.)
8) If you downloaded the game patch from the Magna Carta official site, then unpack the contents of the zip file to the MC_DVDPatch folder.
If you downloaded the patch from GameCopyWorld, then place it in the MC_DVDPatch folder.
NOTE: If you don”t want to use the patch and don”t want to see the “Patch Game” button, then delete the “Patch” folder.
9) Copy the NoCD crack to the MC_DVDCrack folder.
NOTE: If you don”t want to use the NoCD crack and don”t want to see the “Crack Game” button, then delete the “Crack” folder.
10) The game translation can be downloaded HERE.
The translation files are “alpha1.rar” and “BGR.zip”.
Unpack the “alpha1.rar” to the MC_DVDTranslate folder.
Create a folder named “BRG” in the MC_DVDTranslate folder and unpack the “BGR.zip” to this new folder.
NOTE: If you don”t want to use the translations and don”t want to see the “Translate Game” button, then delete the “Translate” folder.
11) Extracted from the Magna Carta Custom Installer RAR file is a “serial.txt” file.
Using the Notepad add your game Serial and CD-Key and Save the changes.
NOTE: This txt file will load when you press the “Install Magna Carta” button.
12) Burn the contents of the MC_DVD folder to a DVD with the Label: MC_DVD
Remember you can use any label you want.
NOTES ABOUT THE CONVERSION AND MENU
During install, the installer will ask for CD 2, then CD 3, then Play CD, then CD 1. Just press OK to continue the install.
Actually, this game does not need a crack. You can use this backup, converted DVD to play the game with no problem, as long as you start the game from its executable file.
The Menu image was done with an official game wallpaper.
The Menu sounds were extracted from the original Autorun Menu using Resource Hacker.
The Menu buttons were created using PhotoShop.
The Menu codes are from Skeraxe”s example codes from DeusX 1 + 2 AMS project, modified to fit the menu”s needs, with his permission. So thanks goes to him.
The Menu buttons are activated/deactivated depending if the game is installed or not.
It searches for the game folder in Registry to do it. So, if you don”t install the game, the “Patch”, “Crack” and “Translate” buttons will be disabled. After install, the “Install” button will be disabled and the others will be activated.
The Patch button is able to run several .EXE files inside the “patch” folder. It runs these files one by one, with the next running after the current one finishes (with a successful install or not) in alphabetical order. This is the default behavior and works for the patch available at GameCopyWorld.
If you use the v1.04a patch from the Magna Carta official site, the “Patch” button will run only the “MCAutocopy.exe” (The patch installer), no matter how many EXE files are present in the “Patch” folder. This is the special behavior.
The Crack button searches the game folder in the Registry and automatically installs the cracked files, backing up the original ones. The same happens with the “Translate” button. All backed up files have the extension “BAK”.
The files are copied in the exact way they are in the folder. So, if you need to install a file in a folder inside the game folder, you must create a folder with the same name in the “Crack”/”Translate” folder.
The game”s Direct3D renderer (AsrD3DDrv.dll file, inside the (Game)DRV folder) from v1.04a patch seems to not work properly, if compared with the renderer from the original version. For this, backup the “DRV” folder before patching. You can also include the backed up DRV folder to either the “crack” or the “translate” folders, so after installing the crack (or translate), the previous renderer files will be installed, and the ones that come with the v1.04a patch will be backed up.
As an alternative, you can use 3DFX or OpenGL renderer instead.
Conversion by: KillerOh