1) Create a Temp folder on harddrive. Name this folder “HL2_DVD” (without the “”) This will be the Label of our DVD.
2) Copy all contents of CD1 to this Temp folder.
3) From CD2 copy just two files! The “cab” file (hl2.CAB) and the “installer.dll” file to the main directory of the Temp folder.
4) From CD3 copy the “hl23.CAB” file to the main directory of the Temp folder.
5) From CD4 copy the “hl24.CAB” file to the main directory of the Temp folder.
6) From CD5 copy the “hl25.CAB” file to the main directory of the Temp folder.
Also from CD5 copy the DirectX folder to the main directory of the Temp folder.
7) Now download and install “Orca”.
Once Orca is installed go to the Temp folder and right click the file “hl2.msi” and from near the top of the menu choose “Edit with Orca”. (You may have to edit the properties of this file and untick the “read only” attribute, but as it is copied to the harddrive it is probably already edited automatically)
When opened you will see 2 window panes, go to the “Tables” one on the left and scroll down to “Media”
Click on “Media” this will show you the entries in the Right pane. There will be 6 columns.
Change all the entries in the “VolumeLabel” column to HL2_DVD
Then “Save” it.
8) Now burn to a DVD using Nero using the Label HL2_DVD.
NOTE: Once the game is installed and you have updated the game through the “Steam Activation” you will no longer need a disc in the CD/DVD to play.
But if you don”t update the game then CD1 will still be needed in the CD/DVD drive to play!
Conversion by: Grumpy