The layout of this conversion is to suit my Install Menu, available for download here, so the naming of files and the location of files and Directories are very important for the Menu to work correctly. Name the files exactly as they appear in the conversion!
1) Create a Temp directory on your hardrive and name it GTA3.
2) Copy all the GTA3 CD1 to this Temp directory.
3) From CD2 copy the “Audio” directory to the GTA3 temp directory.
4) Inside the GTA3 dir create another dir named GTA3_v1.1Update.
5) Copy the GTA3 v1.1 update to this folder. Name the file gta3patch.exe.
6) Again inside the GTA3 directory create another dir named GTA3_Crack.
7) Copy the GTA3 v1.1 NoCD Patch to the GTA3_Crack dir. Name the file Crack11.exe
(NOTE: I used the GRAND.THEFT.AUTO.3.11.FBSA.NOCD available here and that is why I have left the file named Crack11.exe. If you plan to use another NoCD crack then you will need to edit the name of the file in the CD_Conf.ini.
FBSA”s NoCD is a patch therefore it doesn”t get swapped with the original exe. Once you click the Update button on the Menu it will start to patch the original exe and remove the CD Check.
If you wish to use a typical NoCD, where you swap the exe”s, then you will need to edit the CD_Conf.ini by double clicking the CD_Conf.ini and scrolling down to:
TEXT=GTA 3 NoCD
Replace the above text with the following text. (Just Cut and Paste it)
TEXT=GTA 3 NoCD
Now save it. (The above text will allow you to use a normal NoCD exe.)
Ok that takes care of GTA3. Now for Vice City.
8) Inside the GTA3 dir create another dir named GTA_Vice_City.
9) Copy all the GTA Vice City CD1 to this directory.
10) From CD2 copy the “Audio” directory to the GTA_Vice_City directory.
11) Inside the GTA_Vice_City directory create another folder named Vice_City_Crack.
12) Copy the cracked gta-vc.exe to the Vice_City_Crack directory. It doesn”t matter which Nocd crack you use but I used the GRAND.THEFT.AUTO.VICE.CITY.V1.0.ENG.GIMPSRUS.NOCD.
NOTE: There is a v1.1 update for Vice City but it is an UN-SUPPORTED update that corrects polygon corruption that has been noticed on certain video cards and PC combinations. This is the only change that has been made from your original version of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
* Users who DO NOT have this corruption NEED NOT apply this patch *
I don”t have this problem so I don”t use the update but if you need the update then you will need to create an update folder for the update. But there is no button on the Install Menu for this Update!
13) Download my Install Menu, from the link above, and extract all the files to the root of the GTA3 directory overwriting the “Autorun.inf” file when asked.
Once you have all the files in the correct place you can test the menu by double clicking the CD_Start.exe file. This way you can check all the buttons on the Menu before burning it to a DVD.
14) Once tested Burn the contents of the GTA3 temp directory to a DVD using the label GTA3+VC_DVD.
Conversion by: Grumpy