1) Create a Temp folder on your harddrive.
Name this folder: FO_DVD. This will be the name (Label) of our DVD.
2) Copy all the contents from CD1 to the Temp folder.
3) From CD2 copy the “Programs” folder to the same Temp folder, overwriting when asked. (All you are copying is the one file called “common2.bfs” which is in the folder programs files\ Empire Interactive\FlatOut\)
4) Download and Install “Orca”.
Once Orca is installed go to the Temp folder and right click the file “FlatOut.msi” and from near the top of the menu choose “Edit with Orca”. (You may have to edit the properties of this file and untick the “read only” attribute, but as it is copied to the harddrive it is probably already edited automatically)
When opened you will see 2 window panes, go to the “Tables” one on the left and scroll down to “Media”
Click on “Media” this will show you the entries in the Right pane.
Change all the entries in the “VolumeLabel” column to FO_DVD
Then “Save” it.
5) Create another folder’s for any Updates, Serial, Patches and or Cracks etc.
NOTE: Name this/these folder’s whatever you want.
NOTE: If you use Hoodlum’s “Flat Out v1.1 [ENGLISH] No-CD/Fixed EXE” from GCW this is the v1.1 Update with the NoCD crack already included.
To install the patch:
Copy the Flatout.exe, patch.bfs and patch.ini files to the root of the install folder (by default this is c:\program files\empire interactive\flatout) and run the game. Overwrite the original files to update. There is nothing to install!
6) Burn the contents of the Temp folder to a DVD with the Label: FO_DVD
Conversion by: Grumpy