NOTE: Americas Army is a free game and can be downloaded from http://www.americasarmy.com.
1) Create a Temp folder on your hardrive.
Name this folder: AA. This will be the name (Label) of our DVD.
2) Download my Americas Army Custom Installer from here and extract the contents of the RAR file to the AA folder.
(Custom Installer created by Thrillkill.)
You can view the Custom Install Menu here.
3) Extract the contents of the America’s Army EXE to the AA folder.
Once extracted rename the ‘America’s Army.msi’ to: Americas_Army.msi
4) Download and Install ‘Orca’
Once Orca is installed, Right Click the file ‘Americas_Army.msi’ and from near the top of the menu choose ‘Edit with Orca’. (You may have to edit the properties of this file and untick the ‘read only’ attribute, but as it is copied to the hardrive it is probably already edited automatically).
When opened you will see 2 window panes, go to the ‘Tables’ one on the left and scroll down to ‘Media’
Click on ‘Media’ this will show you the entries in the Right pane.
Change all the entries in the ‘VolumeLabel’ column to: DISK1
NOTE: Do NOT change any entries in the ‘Disk Prompt’ column!
Then ‘Save’ it.
5) Copy the Americas Army 2.8.1 Update patch to the AA folder and rename the update to: Patch2.8.1.exe.
Warning: Both file names have to be correct or the Menu buttons will NOT work!
The correct filenames are as follows:
6) Inside the AA folder, create a new text file and name it: Account Details.txt
If you already have an Americas Army account then copy your username and password to this newly created Account Details.txt file.
7) Burn the contents of the AA folder to a DVD with the Label: AA